Our Purpose and Mission
Legacy Land Stewardship’s business model targets those impaired properties that essentially sit fallow – sites that necessitate responsible, long-term management, but may also allow green, low-impact reuses to deliver important environmental and social benefits. We are not a Brownfield development company – we do not seek properties that have traditionally been acquired for future commercial or residential reuse.
As a PBC, we are the perfect alternative for custodial care and maintenance of long-term care assets.
With our defined purpose firmly in mind, Legacy Land Stewardship’s only mission is:
To provide a divestment solution to owners of surplus, environmentally impacted real estate that responsibly and permanently delivers sustainable, long-term environmental stewardship, and to seek eco-friendly reuses for the public benefit.
Legacy Land Stewardship offers:
Our Core Values
- Transparency and accountability. We believe in open transactions and accountability toward our mission. We’re proud of what we’re doing, and happy give a look ‘behind the curtain.’
- Liability Protection. At our core, Legacy Land Stewardship is in the business of meeting the ownership obligations and protecting the environmental risks of those who convey properties to us.
- Integrity. Its trite, but we’re looking for win-win transactions where corporations see true benefit from divesting surplus properties and Legacy Land Stewardship can fulfill its environmental stewardship mission.
- Commitment to the environment. With everything we do, Legacy Land Stewardship has unwavering commitment to the restoration of and protection of environmental resources.
- ‘Green’ reuse. Legacy Land Stewardship’s mission includes seeking limited reuses for properties it acquires that would benefit the environment, the local municipality, and the community.
- Finality and Sustainability. More than buzz-words, Legacy Land Stewardship provides a final solution for companies wishing to divest surplus properties in the form of perpetual stewardship.